1. Never say or think negative things about yourself, such as, “I never do anything right.” “I’ll never change.” or “I’m ugly.” Instead, say “with God’s help I CAN do it right, I can change and I’m beautiful”.
2. Speak good things about yourself . ALWAYS.
3. Never compare yourself with other people. God made us individually and He never intends us to “keep up with the Jones’”.
4. Focus on your potential instead of your limitations. Keep telling yourself that you “CAN do it” instead of “I may not be able to do that”.
5. Find something you like to do that you do well, and do it over and over. If you spend your time doing things you’re not good at, it’ll frustrate you and cause you to feel defeated and unsuccessful.
6. Have the courage to be different and deal with criticism. Be a God-pleaser, not a man-pleaser. If you dare to be different, you’ll have to expect some criticism. And, that’s OK.
7. Don’t let the way another person treats you determine your worth.
8. Keep your flaws in perspective. People with a high level of confidence have just as many weaknesses as people without confidence, but they concentrate on their strengths—not their flaws or weaknesses.