It’s not enough for us to walk the love walk with God, albeit very important. No, it’s as important that we share our generosity with others. Think about what “turned you on” to the Lord and then pass the knowledge that was shared with you on to brothers and sisters. Below is a small list of things we can do–just for the sake of doing them out of kindness.
- Babysit for a single mother who feels like she just needs a couple of hours free.
- Be a friend to a child that does not have a mother/father figure in his/her life.
- Invite kids from single parent homes to dinner with your family.
- Adopt a widow or widower. Send cards once a week or send some flowers.
- Visit residents at a nursing home.
- Donate your unused items to an organization that helps the needy.
- Secretly pay someone’s bill in a restaurant.
- Carry gift cards with you to bless someone who just may need it.
- Offer transportation to someone without a car.
- Pay a month’s rent or utility bill for someone who is struggling financially.
- Buy a month’s groceries for a family in need.
“Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.” God Bless.